Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day

This year for Memorial Day I was in Utah visiting my family. We had originally planned to ride the new Frontrunner train into Salt Lake in the morning, but because it was a holiday the the railway was not operating. At this point we really had to rack our brains for ideas since the weather outside was rainy and cold. We decided that we would head over to my brother's house for a jam session. What better way to kick off Memorial Day then busting out a little rock band.





Every year we go to the Kaysville cemetery to visit my grandma and grandpa Roundy's grave. This year grandpa Mike decided to give the kids some money to buy a soda out of the vending machine. Let's just say that 6 grandkids and one bottle of Mountain Dew don't really mix. It was a shark fest, and I'm pretty positive that if Fischer could walk he would have pummeled the other 5 kids and ran with the dew. Until then I guess he will just have to settle for grandma Maddie letting him chug half the bottle while Allie and Neil have their heads turned the other way. Gotta love it!




Luckily the weather cleared up and we were able to end the day off right with a family get together and a BBQ.



5 comments:

Lacy said...

Is that Becky's littlest standing next to her? If so, Oh. My. Gosh, I have seriously not seen anyone in a long time. He is too old! My parents said they saw you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see you playing any instrument where you the maestro? Or where you the band manager?

sarita said...

Allie's face is classic in the Rock Band picture.

Brooke said...

Lacy,
No that's actually Sharon's oldest son. That is Kelsey standing to the right of Becky though. Everyone is growing up way too fast!

Jeremy (a.k.a. anonymous),
Band manager would be a pretty sweet gig, but I actually did lead singer part of the time, and I tried base but failed horribly. I did get a score of 100% when I sang California by the Red Hot Chili Peppers...I think American Idol may be in my future.

Audrey Laser Photography said...

Yes Chase and Cooper were buddies at school. I got to meet his mom, Dixie a few times. She is super cute and has adorable kids. What a small world huh! Glad to see you were able to come home. Miss you in GFK and Friendly Card Exchange(you did this one too, right?) Hope things are well with you!
Audrey