Monday, September 8, 2008

The Aftermath

Here are a few pictures of the aftermath of Gustav in our area. Jeremy and I were very lucky that our house suffered no major damage, other then a few minor blows to the exterior. Oh, and our shed blew away, but it was pretty weak so that was bound to happen sooner or later. The biggest problem we are facing right now is that we are without power. We have a generator, but with gas prices it costs a fortune to keep it running non-stop. Luckily Jeremy's work put him up in a hotel in Lafayette while he works down here, so I get to stay with him. The city is saying that power will not be fully restored to our area until Oct. 1....let's hope that doesn't include our house. Anyway, all-in-all we are counting our blessings and grateful that we didn't have to deal with something that could have been much worse.



Their are fallen trees like this all around our area.



A shot of an overflowing bayou.



A common site in our area.



Thankfully, not our tree and not our house.



This image of power lines is another common site in our area.

This is a short video that was filmed by a couple in New Orleans who decided to weather the storm. They are standing in the French quarter and watching as Gustav rolls in. I thought that their commentary was pretty funny so I just had to post this video.



Ya, they might want to get the H outta there!

1 comments:

sarita said...

That video really was "omnimous."

Those pictures are crazy! I'm glad that you guys are ok and that your home wasn't hit hard. We keep you in our prayers every day!