Friday, February 8, 2008

Where are you Weight Watchers???

So lately I feel like my body has been talking to me. Here are some of the conversations that we've been having (me and my body):

Body: Why don't you eat that last chocolate chip cookie? Four cookies at one time is not that many.
Me: Well...OK, you're the boss!

Body: That stretchy and tangy laffy taffy (with sprinkles) looks really good. Even though you already ate the ones that Jeremy bought for you, I'm sure he won't mind if you eat just one of his.
Me: That's true, he would probably want me to have this one.

Body: What is that noise! Is that your alarm going off?
Me: Yes, I set it so I could get up and exercise
Body: Well hit the snooze. I'm still fatigued.
Me: That's no good. I would hate to feel fatigued all day. I'd better just keep sleeping.

Anyway, you see the pattern here. I really need to get back on track! I felt so good when I was doing the Weight Watchers thing, and I was losing weight too. I have a few ideas on what to do so that I can control the conversations with my body. Here are a few of my ideas:

1) Cut down on diet soda! I would say cut it out completely, but let's be realistic here people. My body usually tells me that diet soda won't hurt me...after all it's calorie free. Well this is true, but when I drink this heavenly beverage it leaves me craving sugar. Sugar with me goes right past the lips and on to my hips!

2) Stock up on sugar free gum. One of the Biggest Loser trainer tips is to keep Extra sugar free gum with you at all times, that way if you have a sweet tooth moment you can pop a stick in your mouth and the craving is gone. I have to say I'm not yet convinced that a little stick of gum is going to relieve my cravings for double chocolate brownies, but I will give it a try.

3) Drink more water! I do pretty good with drinking water already, but there is always room for improvement. I think I'm going to replace my diet soda intake with flavored water just to spice things up a bit.

4) Get moving! They always used to say this in our Weight Watcher meetings. Any suggestions on this? I usually do really good once I get in a groove, but right now my groove is gone. How did Stella get her groove back? Did she exercise? I need some ideas in this area because I'm getting bored with the stationary bike and the things I normally do. I am dying for a golden star moment here, so please send me your comments and suggestions! Food tips are always appreciated as well.

3 comments:

Lacy said...

HAHA, Brooke! I am laughing as I read this because after Matt and I had been married like 2 weeks, we went to the grocery store and he said he wanted some donuts. I tried to get him to not buy them, but he did anyways. That day, I ate every one of them and when he got home from class, they were all gone!! He questioned then whether marrying me was the right thing or not :)

Amen to the chewing gum suggestions. I do that almost daily. I have this bad habit of craving sugar after a meal. Even when I am full, its like I need SOMETHING sweet to satiate me. I now pop a piece of gum and it usually solves the problem.

As for moving, I always used to walk on my lunch breaks at work. People kinda laughed at me, but they were usually the ones eating Carls Jr and twinkies on their lunch break and I inwardly laughed back at them. Sometimes I would walk like 30 minutes and after 5 days a week, that would add up to a few miles.

J said...

Uh, the way Stella got her groove back probably isn't safe for a family blog. I guess you could count it as a work out though.

Brooke said...

Jeremy, I am laughing so hard right now! That was good!